Congress firm on formation of Telangana: Digvijay Singh
Belgaum: Asserting that the Congress is firm on formation of Telangana, Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Sunday said Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Reddy was free to take any step he deems fit on the issue.
"Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh is free to take any step he deems fit; Congress party is firm on its stand on formation of Telangana," Singh told reporters when asked about Reddy`s threat to quit politics if the AP Reorganisation 2013 Bill is tabled in the Parliament in its current form.
On the allegations levelled by Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal against several Central Ministers and politicians, he said if Kejriwal has any documentary evidence, he should produce it in court or else submit an apology.
Commenting on the claims made by BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on development of Gujarat,
Singh said tall claims made by Modi that Gujarat has developed during his regime are "a bunch of lies."
Gujarat developed much earlier to Modi becoming Chief Minister and credit for the development has to go to entrepreneurs, he added.
Illustrating the achievements of UPA government, he admitted that price rise and anti-incumbency had played its role in the Congress debacle during the recently concluded assembly elections in four states.
Questioning BJP`s central leadership on inducting Yeddyurappa back into the party fold, Singh said the former Chief Minister`s name has not yet been cleared by courts from the charges levelled against him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!