Congress has no role in Jagan`s arrest: Andhra CM
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Kiran Kumar Reddy Monday said the Congress governments at the centre and in the state have nothing to do with the arrest of YSR Congress Party leader YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
Addressing a news conference, he said the CBI was conducting an investigation against Jagan on the direction of the court.
He condemned the allegations leveled by Jagan`s mother Vijayamma against Congress president Sonia Gandhi and the state government. "Making baseless allegations is not proper. Let them prove their innocence in the court," the chief minister remarked.
Kiran Kumar Reddy also alleged that Vijayamma was trying to take political mileage from the death of her husband Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy in a helicopter crash in 2009.
He said a probe was already conducted into cause of the crash and hence by raising the issue again, Vijyamma was trying to draw mileage for the next month`s by-elections.
Kiran Kumar reminded Vijayamma that it is Congress leadership which made YSR chief minister and state Congress chief twice. He also pointed out that when YSR was chief minister, he had full faith in CBI and hence ordered CBI probes into many issues.
The CBI Sunday arrested Jagan in a case of owning assets disproportionate to his known income. Condemning his arrest, Vijayamma held Sonia Gandhi responsible, saying she was targeting him for not obeying her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister