Congress high command summons AP CM Kiran Kumar Reddy
Hyderabad: The Congress high command is understood to have summoned Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy to New Delhi next week in the backdrop of dissent by some of his Cabinet colleagues to his "unilateral" announcement of welfare schemes ahead of elections.
Kiran has cancelled his scheduled three-day mass contact programme in Anantapur district from Monday to be ready to go to Delhi, sources close to him said.
The Chief Minister, who is scheduled to attend a couple of programmes with Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh in West Godavari district tomorrow, is expected to fly to New Delhi on Monday.
Kiran has been facing trouble from some of his Cabinet colleagues following his "unilateral" announcement of new welfare schemes.
A group of ministers, led by Deputy Chief Minister Damodar Rajanarasimha, held a closed-door meeting and found fault with the CM`s style of functioning.
A report signed by some ministers, MPs and MLAs has been sent to the Congress leadership in New Delhi subsequent to the ministers` meeting.
Some Union ministers also reportedly submitted their reports to Congress President Sonia Gandhi on the state of affairs in Andhra Pradesh and on the Chief Minister.
The CM`s camp, however, maintained that Kiran`s Delhi trip was only "routine".
"There is nothing special about the CM`s Delhi visit. It`s just a routine," School Education Minister S Sailajanath said.
Another Minister T G Venkatesh dismissed the talk that some ministers complained against the CM to the party high command.
"There is no rift between the CM and the ministers," Venkatesh pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row