Congress high command summons AP CM Kiran Kumar Reddy
Hyderabad: The Congress high command is understood to have summoned Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy to New Delhi next week in the backdrop of dissent by some of his Cabinet colleagues to his "unilateral" announcement of welfare schemes ahead of elections.
Kiran has cancelled his scheduled three-day mass contact programme in Anantapur district from Monday to be ready to go to Delhi, sources close to him said.
The Chief Minister, who is scheduled to attend a couple of programmes with Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh in West Godavari district tomorrow, is expected to fly to New Delhi on Monday.
Kiran has been facing trouble from some of his Cabinet colleagues following his "unilateral" announcement of new welfare schemes.
A group of ministers, led by Deputy Chief Minister Damodar Rajanarasimha, held a closed-door meeting and found fault with the CM`s style of functioning.
A report signed by some ministers, MPs and MLAs has been sent to the Congress leadership in New Delhi subsequent to the ministers` meeting.
Some Union ministers also reportedly submitted their reports to Congress President Sonia Gandhi on the state of affairs in Andhra Pradesh and on the Chief Minister.
The CM`s camp, however, maintained that Kiran`s Delhi trip was only "routine".
"There is nothing special about the CM`s Delhi visit. It`s just a routine," School Education Minister S Sailajanath said.
Another Minister T G Venkatesh dismissed the talk that some ministers complained against the CM to the party high command.
"There is no rift between the CM and the ministers," Venkatesh pointed out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi