Congress leader Rajagopal blames Chandrababu over division of AP
Vijaywada: Senior Congress leader Lagdapati Rajagopal, who recently resigned as MP in protest against the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, on Saturday accused TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu of playing "double game" on Telangana issue for driving political mileage.
"Naidu had submitted a letter conceding Telangana to the Centre earlier. Had he not submitted such a letter, the Centre might not have gone ahead with the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh," he told a gathering here.
Rajagopal said that Chandrababu played "double game" by doing flip-flops on the Telangana issue. "He should be squarely blamed for division of Andhra Pradesh," the former MP said.
"Even Jawaharlal Nehru had expressed his desire for unity of Telugu people when he visited Nizamabad way back in 1956," Rajagopal added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!