Congress leader Rajagopal blames Chandrababu over division of AP
Vijaywada: Senior Congress leader Lagdapati Rajagopal, who recently resigned as MP in protest against the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, on Saturday accused TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu of playing "double game" on Telangana issue for driving political mileage.
"Naidu had submitted a letter conceding Telangana to the Centre earlier. Had he not submitted such a letter, the Centre might not have gone ahead with the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh," he told a gathering here.
Rajagopal said that Chandrababu played "double game" by doing flip-flops on the Telangana issue. "He should be squarely blamed for division of Andhra Pradesh," the former MP said.
"Even Jawaharlal Nehru had expressed his desire for unity of Telugu people when he visited Nizamabad way back in 1956," Rajagopal added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?