Congress leader Rajagopal blames Chandrababu over division of AP
Vijaywada: Senior Congress leader Lagdapati Rajagopal, who recently resigned as MP in protest against the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, on Saturday accused TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu of playing "double game" on Telangana issue for driving political mileage.
"Naidu had submitted a letter conceding Telangana to the Centre earlier. Had he not submitted such a letter, the Centre might not have gone ahead with the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh," he told a gathering here.
Rajagopal said that Chandrababu played "double game" by doing flip-flops on the Telangana issue. "He should be squarely blamed for division of Andhra Pradesh," the former MP said.
"Even Jawaharlal Nehru had expressed his desire for unity of Telugu people when he visited Nizamabad way back in 1956," Rajagopal added.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on