Congress leader Rajagopal blames Chandrababu over division of AP
Vijaywada: Senior Congress leader Lagdapati Rajagopal, who recently resigned as MP in protest against the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, on Saturday accused TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu of playing "double game" on Telangana issue for driving political mileage.
"Naidu had submitted a letter conceding Telangana to the Centre earlier. Had he not submitted such a letter, the Centre might not have gone ahead with the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh," he told a gathering here.
Rajagopal said that Chandrababu played "double game" by doing flip-flops on the Telangana issue. "He should be squarely blamed for division of Andhra Pradesh," the former MP said.
"Even Jawaharlal Nehru had expressed his desire for unity of Telugu people when he visited Nizamabad way back in 1956," Rajagopal added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore