Congress leaders face ire of pro-Telangana protesters
Hyderabad: Mild tension prevailed at Indira Park here tonight when a group of pro-Telangana activists gheraoed three Congress leaders of the region and allegedly pelted stones at their vehicles.
A group of pro-Telangana activists raised slogans against Congress MPs -- Ponnam Prabhakar and G Vinod -- as well as senior party leader K Keshava Rao when they went to Indira Park to express solidarity with protesters staging a 36-hour `samaradeeksha` protest over the Telangana statehood issue.
The pro-Telangana activists gheraoed the leaders and demanded them to resign from the Congress party, even as another group of pro-Telangana activists allegedly pelted stones at their vehicles.
However, the situation was brought under control after Telangana-Joint Action Committee (T-JAC) chairman M Kodandaram and other Telangana leaders intervened and pacified the protesters.
T-JAC today began a 36-hour protest demanding the Centre to announce a separate state at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof