Congress leaders face ire of pro-Telangana protesters
Hyderabad: Mild tension prevailed at Indira Park here tonight when a group of pro-Telangana activists gheraoed three Congress leaders of the region and allegedly pelted stones at their vehicles.
A group of pro-Telangana activists raised slogans against Congress MPs -- Ponnam Prabhakar and G Vinod -- as well as senior party leader K Keshava Rao when they went to Indira Park to express solidarity with protesters staging a 36-hour `samaradeeksha` protest over the Telangana statehood issue.
The pro-Telangana activists gheraoed the leaders and demanded them to resign from the Congress party, even as another group of pro-Telangana activists allegedly pelted stones at their vehicles.
However, the situation was brought under control after Telangana-Joint Action Committee (T-JAC) chairman M Kodandaram and other Telangana leaders intervened and pacified the protesters.
T-JAC today began a 36-hour protest demanding the Centre to announce a separate state at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’