Congress leaders face ire of pro-Telangana protesters
Hyderabad: Mild tension prevailed at Indira Park here tonight when a group of pro-Telangana activists gheraoed three Congress leaders of the region and allegedly pelted stones at their vehicles.
A group of pro-Telangana activists raised slogans against Congress MPs -- Ponnam Prabhakar and G Vinod -- as well as senior party leader K Keshava Rao when they went to Indira Park to express solidarity with protesters staging a 36-hour `samaradeeksha` protest over the Telangana statehood issue.
The pro-Telangana activists gheraoed the leaders and demanded them to resign from the Congress party, even as another group of pro-Telangana activists allegedly pelted stones at their vehicles.
However, the situation was brought under control after Telangana-Joint Action Committee (T-JAC) chairman M Kodandaram and other Telangana leaders intervened and pacified the protesters.
T-JAC today began a 36-hour protest demanding the Centre to announce a separate state at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai