Congress leaders face ire of pro-Telangana protesters
Hyderabad: Mild tension prevailed at Indira Park here tonight when a group of pro-Telangana activists gheraoed three Congress leaders of the region and allegedly pelted stones at their vehicles.
A group of pro-Telangana activists raised slogans against Congress MPs -- Ponnam Prabhakar and G Vinod -- as well as senior party leader K Keshava Rao when they went to Indira Park to express solidarity with protesters staging a 36-hour `samaradeeksha` protest over the Telangana statehood issue.
The pro-Telangana activists gheraoed the leaders and demanded them to resign from the Congress party, even as another group of pro-Telangana activists allegedly pelted stones at their vehicles.
However, the situation was brought under control after Telangana-Joint Action Committee (T-JAC) chairman M Kodandaram and other Telangana leaders intervened and pacified the protesters.
T-JAC today began a 36-hour protest demanding the Centre to announce a separate state at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report