Congress leaders from Telangana discuss issues for GoM meet
New Delhi: Ahead of the GoM on bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh meeting Union ministers from the state on Monday, Congress leaders from Telangana region on Sunday deliberated on crucial issues to be taken up with the high-level ministerial panel.
Key issue, including retaining Bhadrachalam with the proposed Telangana state and power requirements were discussed at length, sources said.
Three Union ministers from Telangana region - S Jaipal Reddy, Porika Balram Naik and Sarve Satyanarayana would meet the GoM.
Briefing newspersons, Reddy said the meeting was convened to finalise the response to questions to be raised by the GoM.
"The leaders of Congress, Deputy Chief Minister, MLAs, MPs and three Union Ministers (from Telangana region) are on the same wave length. (Andhra Pradesh) State Ministers have already given a representation and we three (Union) ministers would be presenting a common representation," he said.
"We would primarily make a written representation and some oral observations," Reddy said.
Replying to a question, he said the issue of power shortage would be taken up with the GoM.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living