Congress leaders from Telangana meet President
Hyderabad: Congress leaders from Telangana region on Tuesday met President Pranab Mukherjee here seeking early formation of separate Telangana state.
Talking to reporters after the meeting, senior Congress Rajya Sabha member V Hanumantha Rao said they sought formation of separate Telangana without delay and also told the President about the alleged attempts to delay the process.
The President is here on his customary winter sojourn which would last till December 31.
The Seemandhra TDP leaders had met Mukherjee on Sunday in support of united Andhra Pradesh.
The Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill 2013, referred by the President, is presently under the consideration of the state legislature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September