Congress leaders openly attack YSR
Hyderabad: Desperate to win the upcoming by-elections to one Lok Sabha and 18 Assembly seats in Andhra Pradesh, ruling Congress leaders have openly started attacking late chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
Emerging from a meeting on bypoll preparedness with Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and PCC president Botsa Satyanarayana late tonight, MP Sarvey Satyanarayana and MLA Veera Siva Reddy accused YSR of cheating his fellow ministers and Congress rank and file to promote his own interests.
"You can`t see YSR and his son Jagan separately," MP Sarvey said.
Maintaining that ministers of erstwhile YSR Cabinet, who are now facing allegations of wrongdoing, were "innocent", Veera Siva Reddy alleged "Jagan remote-controlled all affairs through his father and got his deals executed".
"Since attacking Jagan alone on corruption would not help (in the bypolls), we have to show his father too in the same light," one senior leader remarked.
It is learnt that the attack on YSR and Jagan had the tacit approval of the chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31