Congress leaders openly attack YSR
Hyderabad: Desperate to win the upcoming by-elections to one Lok Sabha and 18 Assembly seats in Andhra Pradesh, ruling Congress leaders have openly started attacking late chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
Emerging from a meeting on bypoll preparedness with Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and PCC president Botsa Satyanarayana late tonight, MP Sarvey Satyanarayana and MLA Veera Siva Reddy accused YSR of cheating his fellow ministers and Congress rank and file to promote his own interests.
"You can`t see YSR and his son Jagan separately," MP Sarvey said.
Maintaining that ministers of erstwhile YSR Cabinet, who are now facing allegations of wrongdoing, were "innocent", Veera Siva Reddy alleged "Jagan remote-controlled all affairs through his father and got his deals executed".
"Since attacking Jagan alone on corruption would not help (in the bypolls), we have to show his father too in the same light," one senior leader remarked.
It is learnt that the attack on YSR and Jagan had the tacit approval of the chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brexit impact: RBI will provide liquidity wherever necessary, says Raghuram Rajan
- I should speak less now, jokes Salman Khan
- POSTER alert! Erika Kaar in Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay'
- Maharashtra districts to have own disaster management plan
- Despite big money on table, Rahul Dravid rejected Anurag Thakur's offer to coach India - Here's why