Congress leaders take stock of Kadapa bypoll
Hyderabad: Congress leaders on Tuesday discussed
the possible outcome of the by-election to Kadapa Lok Sabha
and Pulivendula Assembly constituencies at a review meeting
amid strong indications that Health Minister DL Ravindra
Reddy, the party candidate for Kadapa seat could find it
difficult to secure his deposit.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, Pulivendula
candidate and former Agriculture Minister YS Vivekananda
Reddy, MLA Veerasiva Reddy, Ravindra Reddy and others
participated in the post-poll review here.
Results of the by-election will be out on May 13.
Informed sources said after the meeting that the leaders
were resigned to the fact that the Congress did not stand a
chance of winning either Kadapa or Pulivendula because of a
`strong sympathy wave` in favour of YSR Congress party
president YS Jaganmohan Reddy and his mother Vijayalakshmi.
Besides, they also could not match Jagan`s `money
power`, Ravindra Reddy and Veerasiva Reddy reportedly told the
Veerasiva Reddy complained to the Chief Minister that
Kadapa district Superintendent of Police Tarun Joshi acted
against the Congress.
"In particular, I was totally harassed by the SP. I am
going to move a privilege motion against him," the MLA later
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what