Congress leaders take stock of Kadapa bypoll
Hyderabad: Congress leaders on Tuesday discussed
the possible outcome of the by-election to Kadapa Lok Sabha
and Pulivendula Assembly constituencies at a review meeting
amid strong indications that Health Minister DL Ravindra
Reddy, the party candidate for Kadapa seat could find it
difficult to secure his deposit.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, Pulivendula
candidate and former Agriculture Minister YS Vivekananda
Reddy, MLA Veerasiva Reddy, Ravindra Reddy and others
participated in the post-poll review here.
Results of the by-election will be out on May 13.
Informed sources said after the meeting that the leaders
were resigned to the fact that the Congress did not stand a
chance of winning either Kadapa or Pulivendula because of a
`strong sympathy wave` in favour of YSR Congress party
president YS Jaganmohan Reddy and his mother Vijayalakshmi.
Besides, they also could not match Jagan`s `money
power`, Ravindra Reddy and Veerasiva Reddy reportedly told the
Veerasiva Reddy complained to the Chief Minister that
Kadapa district Superintendent of Police Tarun Joshi acted
against the Congress.
"In particular, I was totally harassed by the SP. I am
going to move a privilege motion against him," the MLA later
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement