Congress leaders to hold protest on Tuesday for `united` AP
Hyderabad: Congress MLAs, MLCs and ministers supporting a "united" Andhra Pradesh plan to hold a protest in the premises of the legislative assembly on Tuesday.
The event would be organised from 10 am to 1 pm, state Primary Education Minister S Sailajanath, the leader of the pro-united Andhra Congress legislators, said.
Pro-united Andhra Congress legislators have been agitating for keeping Andhra Pradesh "united" for long. They had earlier organised a protest in the premises of the Parliament in support of their demand.
In the wake of massive protests in coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions, Congress MLAs demanded a "united" Andhra Pradesh before the All India Congress Committee (AICC).
Meanwhile, protests continued across the two regions for a "united" Andhra Pradesh.
The Congress Working Committee (CWC) had endorsed the demand for a separate Telangana on July 30.
Meanwhile, in Guntur, a member of the AP legislative council KS Lakshmana Rao began a fast unto death in support of a "united" Andhra Pradesh, saying that the state was the first in the country to be formed on the basis of language and there was no justification to reverse that decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened