Congress Mayor to vacate seat for MIM in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Mayor of Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) Banda Kartika Reddy will step down from her post on Sunday, paving the way for transfer of power from Congress to Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen.
The MIM, as per its post-poll understanding with the
Congress in 2009, will occupy the Mayor`s post for the next
two years. The Congress will get the deputy mayor post during
the period and the Mayor`s post again in the final year of the
Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee president Botsa
Satyanarayana held a meeting with city ministers Mukesh Goud
and Danam Nagender in the morning and followed it up with
another meeting with two other ministers J Geeta Reddy and
Sabita Indra Reddy in the evening to discuss the power
Mayor Kartika Reddy was also called in the evening and
asked to tender resignation from the post tomorrow, honouring
the agreement with MIM.
"I will abide by the party`s decision and step down
tomorrow," Kartika said.
A notification will be issued by the State Election
Commission for election of new Mayor after the vacancy is
notified, official sources said.
The process is expected to be completed before the end
of the month, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read