Congress Mayor to vacate seat for MIM in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Mayor of Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) Banda Kartika Reddy will step down from her post on Sunday, paving the way for transfer of power from Congress to Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen.
The MIM, as per its post-poll understanding with the
Congress in 2009, will occupy the Mayor`s post for the next
two years. The Congress will get the deputy mayor post during
the period and the Mayor`s post again in the final year of the
Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee president Botsa
Satyanarayana held a meeting with city ministers Mukesh Goud
and Danam Nagender in the morning and followed it up with
another meeting with two other ministers J Geeta Reddy and
Sabita Indra Reddy in the evening to discuss the power
Mayor Kartika Reddy was also called in the evening and
asked to tender resignation from the post tomorrow, honouring
the agreement with MIM.
"I will abide by the party`s decision and step down
tomorrow," Kartika said.
A notification will be issued by the State Election
Commission for election of new Mayor after the vacancy is
notified, official sources said.
The process is expected to be completed before the end
of the month, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test