Congress member disqualified from AP legislative council
Hyderabad: A Congress member has been disqualified from the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council for indulging in anti-party activities.
Council chairman A Chakrapani issued an order disqualifying Konda Murali from membership of the house for acting against the Congress and working with the YSR Congress.
The Congress lodged a petition with the Council chairman three months ago seeking disqualification of Murali. Chakrapani heard Murali three times on the petition and issued the final order today.
Murali, elected to the council from the assembly quota, is one of Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy`s close followers.
His wife Surekha too was disqualified from the AP legislative assembly on similar grounds. She subsequently lost the by-election narrowly from Parakal in Warangal district of Telangana in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Manipur HSLC exam result 2016: Manipur Board Class 10 result to be declared shortly, check manresult.nic.in for Manipur Class X result 2016
- Air ambulance with seven people crash lands in Delhi's Najafgarh
- Nehru, Gandhi family responsible for rising rapes in India, says Rajasthan BJP MLA Gyandev Ahuja
- Shocking video: Old woman mercilessly beaten up by her daughter in Delhi
- Chris Gayle: Melbourne Renegades refuse to renew his contract for BBL 6