Congress member disqualified from AP legislative council
Hyderabad: A Congress member has been disqualified from the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council for indulging in anti-party activities.
Council chairman A Chakrapani issued an order disqualifying Konda Murali from membership of the house for acting against the Congress and working with the YSR Congress.
The Congress lodged a petition with the Council chairman three months ago seeking disqualification of Murali. Chakrapani heard Murali three times on the petition and issued the final order today.
Murali, elected to the council from the assembly quota, is one of Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy`s close followers.
His wife Surekha too was disqualified from the AP legislative assembly on similar grounds. She subsequently lost the by-election narrowly from Parakal in Warangal district of Telangana in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley