Congress member disqualified from AP legislative council
Hyderabad: A Congress member has been disqualified from the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council for indulging in anti-party activities.
Council chairman A Chakrapani issued an order disqualifying Konda Murali from membership of the house for acting against the Congress and working with the YSR Congress.
The Congress lodged a petition with the Council chairman three months ago seeking disqualification of Murali. Chakrapani heard Murali three times on the petition and issued the final order today.
Murali, elected to the council from the assembly quota, is one of Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy`s close followers.
His wife Surekha too was disqualified from the AP legislative assembly on similar grounds. She subsequently lost the by-election narrowly from Parakal in Warangal district of Telangana in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence