Congress member disqualified from AP legislative council
Hyderabad: A Congress member has been disqualified from the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council for indulging in anti-party activities.
Council chairman A Chakrapani issued an order disqualifying Konda Murali from membership of the house for acting against the Congress and working with the YSR Congress.
The Congress lodged a petition with the Council chairman three months ago seeking disqualification of Murali. Chakrapani heard Murali three times on the petition and issued the final order today.
Murali, elected to the council from the assembly quota, is one of Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy`s close followers.
His wife Surekha too was disqualified from the AP legislative assembly on similar grounds. She subsequently lost the by-election narrowly from Parakal in Warangal district of Telangana in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender