Congress member disqualified from AP legislative council
Hyderabad: A Congress member has been disqualified from the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council for indulging in anti-party activities.
Council chairman A Chakrapani issued an order disqualifying Konda Murali from membership of the house for acting against the Congress and working with the YSR Congress.
The Congress lodged a petition with the Council chairman three months ago seeking disqualification of Murali. Chakrapani heard Murali three times on the petition and issued the final order today.
Murali, elected to the council from the assembly quota, is one of Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy`s close followers.
His wife Surekha too was disqualified from the AP legislative assembly on similar grounds. She subsequently lost the by-election narrowly from Parakal in Warangal district of Telangana in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday