Congress, MIM delaying Owaisi`s arrest: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP on Tuesday said the delay in arresting Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi in a hate speech case was a "fixed match" between the Congress and MIM.
"They (Congress and MIM) are hand in glove when Akbaruddin Owaisi speaks the language of fire. He definitely has the tacit support of either local or central Congress leaders," BJP spokesperson Balbir Punj said here.
Owaisi, who is wanted for questioning over his alleged hate speeches made in December, returned from London on Monday. He was Tuesday taken to a hospital for tests.
If declared fit, police are likely to take him for questioning.
Punj claimed that taking the MIM legislator for a medical examination was an act of facilitating him.
"This entire drama of police going to his house...he seeking four days (to appear before police)... is a sort of a cooling period and pretending to be sick. It is part of a fixed match. The government is not at all serious in curbing this menace," Punj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...