Congress, MIM delaying Owaisi`s arrest: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP on Tuesday said the delay in arresting Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi in a hate speech case was a "fixed match" between the Congress and MIM.
"They (Congress and MIM) are hand in glove when Akbaruddin Owaisi speaks the language of fire. He definitely has the tacit support of either local or central Congress leaders," BJP spokesperson Balbir Punj said here.
Owaisi, who is wanted for questioning over his alleged hate speeches made in December, returned from London on Monday. He was Tuesday taken to a hospital for tests.
If declared fit, police are likely to take him for questioning.
Punj claimed that taking the MIM legislator for a medical examination was an act of facilitating him.
"This entire drama of police going to his house...he seeking four days (to appear before police)... is a sort of a cooling period and pretending to be sick. It is part of a fixed match. The government is not at all serious in curbing this menace," Punj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?