Congress, MIM delaying Owaisi`s arrest: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP on Tuesday said the delay in arresting Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi in a hate speech case was a "fixed match" between the Congress and MIM.
"They (Congress and MIM) are hand in glove when Akbaruddin Owaisi speaks the language of fire. He definitely has the tacit support of either local or central Congress leaders," BJP spokesperson Balbir Punj said here.
Owaisi, who is wanted for questioning over his alleged hate speeches made in December, returned from London on Monday. He was Tuesday taken to a hospital for tests.
If declared fit, police are likely to take him for questioning.
Punj claimed that taking the MIM legislator for a medical examination was an act of facilitating him.
"This entire drama of police going to his house...he seeking four days (to appear before police)... is a sort of a cooling period and pretending to be sick. It is part of a fixed match. The government is not at all serious in curbing this menace," Punj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL