Congress MLA Veera Siva Reddy to join TDP
Kadapa: G Veera Siva Reddy, sitting Congress MLA from Kamalapuram constituency and a close associate of former chief minister and Jai Samaikyandhra Party president N Kiran Kumar Reddy, on Thursday announced that he would join the TDP.
Speaking to reporters at Proddatur, he said he would meet the TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu in three days and join the party.
"I am not aspiring for any ticket (to contest the upcoming elections) or post. I decided to switch over to TDP to defeat the YSR Congress Party," he said.
Reddy claimed that only Naidu can develop residual Andhra Pradesh.
"For the development of the state, I am joining TDP," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16