Congress MLA`s son arrested for beating up constable
Hyderabad: The city police arrested Secunderabad Congress MP Anjan Kumar Yadav`s son and his three accomplices here on Tuesady, who allegedly assaulted a constable during Holi celebrations here.
Arvind Yadav and three of his friends were arrested and produced before a court which sent them to judicial remand, Deputy Commissioner of Police (South Zone) Sarvashrestha Tripathi told PTI.
Arvind Yadav and his friends allegedly beat up constable G Vamsi near Golla Khidki here on Sunday night when he "objected" to their car not being parked by the roadside and celebrating Holi by lighting a bonfire in the middle of road, police had earlier said.
Later, the constable lodged a complaint after which the Hussaini Alam police booked Arvind and others under Section 332 (voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty) and Section 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!