Congress MP SPY Reddy joins YSR Congress
Hyderabad: Congress MP SPY Reddy on Friday joined YSR Congress party, saying it is the only party sincerely working to keep Andhra Pradesh united.
The MP from Nandyal on Friday night met YSR Congress president YS Jaganmohan Reddy and joined the party.
Later, SPY Reddy told reporters that he would meet Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar on Saturday to submit his resignation to oppose the Congress decision to carve out separate Telangana state.
He said YSR Congress alone was trying sincerely to keep the state, and recalled that Jaganmohan Reddy went on hunger strike in jail for a united state.
Jaganmohan Reddy, the MP from Kadapa, was released on bail on Tuesday. He was in jail for nearly 16 months in a disproportionate assets case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference