Congress MPs end agitation on Telangana issue
New Delhi: Five Congress MPs on Wednesday ended their 48-hour agitation inside the Parliament complex demanding statehood for Telangana.
"We have concluded our agitation at 11 am. We are definitely expecting a positive result on this issue and we are sure that the message has reached the party High Command and top government level," said Ponnam Prabhakar, one of the protesting MPs.
The protesting MPs had alleged that the Andhra Pradesh government is misleading the party high command on the Telangana issue.
The agitation began on Monday at 11 am.
Congress had called for "restraint" on the Telangana issue with spokesperson Renuka Choudhury saying that the matter is being examined by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites