Congress MPs end agitation on Telangana issue
New Delhi: Five Congress MPs on Wednesday ended their 48-hour agitation inside the Parliament complex demanding statehood for Telangana.
"We have concluded our agitation at 11 am. We are definitely expecting a positive result on this issue and we are sure that the message has reached the party High Command and top government level," said Ponnam Prabhakar, one of the protesting MPs.
The protesting MPs had alleged that the Andhra Pradesh government is misleading the party high command on the Telangana issue.
The agitation began on Monday at 11 am.
Congress had called for "restraint" on the Telangana issue with spokesperson Renuka Choudhury saying that the matter is being examined by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why