Congress MPs end agitation on Telangana issue
New Delhi: Five Congress MPs on Wednesday ended their 48-hour agitation inside the Parliament complex demanding statehood for Telangana.
"We have concluded our agitation at 11 am. We are definitely expecting a positive result on this issue and we are sure that the message has reached the party High Command and top government level," said Ponnam Prabhakar, one of the protesting MPs.
The protesting MPs had alleged that the Andhra Pradesh government is misleading the party high command on the Telangana issue.
The agitation began on Monday at 11 am.
Congress had called for "restraint" on the Telangana issue with spokesperson Renuka Choudhury saying that the matter is being examined by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly