Congress MPs from Telangana attack Andhra CM
New Delhi: Congress MPs from Telangana
region on Thursday attacked Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran
Kumar Reddy accusing him of adopting an "uncalled for
vindictive attitude" towards the people agitating for a
Declaring that the Congress MPs will stand by Telangana
people "at this critical hour", senior Congress leader K
Kesava Rao said the MPs were ready to face the "first bullet"
if the state government decides to "crush" the agitation of
the common people and government employees from the region for
a separate state.
"If any bullet the Chief Minister wants to use, if his
DGP wants to use (against) any striking employees or any
Telangana man, we will receive it first. Let them know that,"
an emotionally charged Rao told reporters here.
Criticising the state government`s decision to conduct
group II service commission examinations in the state on
October 15, he said job seekers will face difficulties to
attend it as the entire traffic in the region is collapsed due
to the agitation.
He alleged the Chief Minister is "sadistically" enjoying
the plight of Telangana people and alleged the state service
examinations are being held for filling the vacancies with the
people from Andhra region.
"That is the intention of the Chief Minister," Rao said.
The Congress MPs also termed as "unconstituntional"
Reddy`s hesistance to distribute salary advances to the
agitating government employees from Telangana region on the
occasion of Diwali despite the request from his ministerial
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what