Congress MPs from Telangana attack Andhra CM
New Delhi: Congress MPs from Telangana
region on Thursday attacked Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran
Kumar Reddy accusing him of adopting an "uncalled for
vindictive attitude" towards the people agitating for a
Declaring that the Congress MPs will stand by Telangana
people "at this critical hour", senior Congress leader K
Kesava Rao said the MPs were ready to face the "first bullet"
if the state government decides to "crush" the agitation of
the common people and government employees from the region for
a separate state.
"If any bullet the Chief Minister wants to use, if his
DGP wants to use (against) any striking employees or any
Telangana man, we will receive it first. Let them know that,"
an emotionally charged Rao told reporters here.
Criticising the state government`s decision to conduct
group II service commission examinations in the state on
October 15, he said job seekers will face difficulties to
attend it as the entire traffic in the region is collapsed due
to the agitation.
He alleged the Chief Minister is "sadistically" enjoying
the plight of Telangana people and alleged the state service
examinations are being held for filling the vacancies with the
people from Andhra region.
"That is the intention of the Chief Minister," Rao said.
The Congress MPs also termed as "unconstituntional"
Reddy`s hesistance to distribute salary advances to the
agitating government employees from Telangana region on the
occasion of Diwali despite the request from his ministerial
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP