Congress MPs from Telangana attack Andhra CM
New Delhi: Congress MPs from Telangana
region on Thursday attacked Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran
Kumar Reddy accusing him of adopting an "uncalled for
vindictive attitude" towards the people agitating for a
Declaring that the Congress MPs will stand by Telangana
people "at this critical hour", senior Congress leader K
Kesava Rao said the MPs were ready to face the "first bullet"
if the state government decides to "crush" the agitation of
the common people and government employees from the region for
a separate state.
"If any bullet the Chief Minister wants to use, if his
DGP wants to use (against) any striking employees or any
Telangana man, we will receive it first. Let them know that,"
an emotionally charged Rao told reporters here.
Criticising the state government`s decision to conduct
group II service commission examinations in the state on
October 15, he said job seekers will face difficulties to
attend it as the entire traffic in the region is collapsed due
to the agitation.
He alleged the Chief Minister is "sadistically" enjoying
the plight of Telangana people and alleged the state service
examinations are being held for filling the vacancies with the
people from Andhra region.
"That is the intention of the Chief Minister," Rao said.
The Congress MPs also termed as "unconstituntional"
Reddy`s hesistance to distribute salary advances to the
agitating government employees from Telangana region on the
occasion of Diwali despite the request from his ministerial
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi