`Congress MPs working for separate Telangana`
Karimnagar: Congress Lok Sabha MP from Karimnagar Ponnam Prabhakar told reporters here on Friday that there is no difference of opinion between Congress MPs from the Telangana region on the statehood issue.
“Since December 09, 2009, when the then union home minister made a statement in favour of a separate Telengana state, Congress MPs from the Telangana region have worked together to achieve a separate stated. All of us are committed to separate statehood for Telangana," he said.
Responding to the recent comments made against the Congress high command by Telugu Rashtra Samiti (TRS) leaders, he said the way of criticising national leaders was "improper".
"We believe the statement of senior Congress leader PT Chacko and hence there is no need for us to resign. We will work hard for Telangana`s statehood during the next Parliament session," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends