`Congress MPs working for separate Telangana`
Karimnagar: Congress Lok Sabha MP from Karimnagar Ponnam Prabhakar told reporters here on Friday that there is no difference of opinion between Congress MPs from the Telangana region on the statehood issue.
“Since December 09, 2009, when the then union home minister made a statement in favour of a separate Telengana state, Congress MPs from the Telangana region have worked together to achieve a separate stated. All of us are committed to separate statehood for Telangana," he said.
Responding to the recent comments made against the Congress high command by Telugu Rashtra Samiti (TRS) leaders, he said the way of criticising national leaders was "improper".
"We believe the statement of senior Congress leader PT Chacko and hence there is no need for us to resign. We will work hard for Telangana`s statehood during the next Parliament session," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back