`Congress MPs working for separate Telangana`
Karimnagar: Congress Lok Sabha MP from Karimnagar Ponnam Prabhakar told reporters here on Friday that there is no difference of opinion between Congress MPs from the Telangana region on the statehood issue.
“Since December 09, 2009, when the then union home minister made a statement in favour of a separate Telengana state, Congress MPs from the Telangana region have worked together to achieve a separate stated. All of us are committed to separate statehood for Telangana," he said.
Responding to the recent comments made against the Congress high command by Telugu Rashtra Samiti (TRS) leaders, he said the way of criticising national leaders was "improper".
"We believe the statement of senior Congress leader PT Chacko and hence there is no need for us to resign. We will work hard for Telangana`s statehood during the next Parliament session," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand