`Congress MPs working for separate Telangana`
Karimnagar: Congress Lok Sabha MP from Karimnagar Ponnam Prabhakar told reporters here on Friday that there is no difference of opinion between Congress MPs from the Telangana region on the statehood issue.
“Since December 09, 2009, when the then union home minister made a statement in favour of a separate Telengana state, Congress MPs from the Telangana region have worked together to achieve a separate stated. All of us are committed to separate statehood for Telangana," he said.
Responding to the recent comments made against the Congress high command by Telugu Rashtra Samiti (TRS) leaders, he said the way of criticising national leaders was "improper".
"We believe the statement of senior Congress leader PT Chacko and hence there is no need for us to resign. We will work hard for Telangana`s statehood during the next Parliament session," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...