`Congress MPs working for separate Telangana`
Karimnagar: Congress Lok Sabha MP from Karimnagar Ponnam Prabhakar told reporters here on Friday that there is no difference of opinion between Congress MPs from the Telangana region on the statehood issue.
“Since December 09, 2009, when the then union home minister made a statement in favour of a separate Telengana state, Congress MPs from the Telangana region have worked together to achieve a separate stated. All of us are committed to separate statehood for Telangana," he said.
Responding to the recent comments made against the Congress high command by Telugu Rashtra Samiti (TRS) leaders, he said the way of criticising national leaders was "improper".
"We believe the statement of senior Congress leader PT Chacko and hence there is no need for us to resign. We will work hard for Telangana`s statehood during the next Parliament session," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed