Congress not in hurry over merger of TRS in party: Sources
New Delhi: Despite the decision on separate Telangana, Congress is not in a hurry over the merger of TRS in the party.
Highly-placed party sources said a section in the Congress feels that the merger before the assembly and Lok Sabha elections in Andhra Pradesh could be advantageous for BJP in Telangana.
The talk in the party is that the process of formation of Telangana is unlikely to be completed before the winter session of Parliament.
Assembly polls in Andhra Pradesh are scheduled along with the Lok Sabha polls, which are due by May next year.
TRS chief K Chandrasekar Rao, who had spearheaded the agitation on Telangana, has so far remained non-committal on the issue of merger despite the decision of the CWC on separate Telangana.
There has been a division in the TRS on the issue. While some TRS leaders have joined the Congress some other are in the process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video