Congress not in hurry over merger of TRS in party: Sources
New Delhi: Despite the decision on separate Telangana, Congress is not in a hurry over the merger of TRS in the party.
Highly-placed party sources said a section in the Congress feels that the merger before the assembly and Lok Sabha elections in Andhra Pradesh could be advantageous for BJP in Telangana.
The talk in the party is that the process of formation of Telangana is unlikely to be completed before the winter session of Parliament.
Assembly polls in Andhra Pradesh are scheduled along with the Lok Sabha polls, which are due by May next year.
TRS chief K Chandrasekar Rao, who had spearheaded the agitation on Telangana, has so far remained non-committal on the issue of merger despite the decision of the CWC on separate Telangana.
There has been a division in the TRS on the issue. While some TRS leaders have joined the Congress some other are in the process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!