Congress reflects over party`s debacle in AP bypolls
Hyderabad: The poor performance of Congress in the just-concluded bye-elections in Andhra Pradesh has made the party leaders reflect over the reasons behind it.
"They (YSR Congress) carried out a disinformation campaign that welfare schemes (launched when YS Rajasekhara Reddy was Chief Minister) would be removed. We could not convey the truth properly to the people," state minister P Balaraju told reporters here on Sunday.
Senior Congress Rajya Sabha member V Hanumantha Rao said the party workers need not be demoralised over the poor results.
He suggested that a strategy meeting should be held to analyse party`s performance and plan for the future.
The party needs to ponder over those who did not help the party`s cause, even though they continued to be party leaders, state Primary Education Minister S Sailajanath said.
State Congress president Botsa Satyanarayana and other leaders met Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy today.
Meanwhile, Congress leaders from Telangana region are likely to go to Delhi this month-end to resume their demand over separate state.
In Mahabubnagar district, unsavoury incidents were witnessed at a meeting of Congress workers and leaders today. A war of words broke out between activists loyal to Lok Sabha member Manda Jagannatham and state Information Minister DK Aruna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir