Congress seeks BJP support for clearing Telangana Bill in Parliament
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Congress is reportedly seeking the support of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for clearance of Telangana Bill in Parliament on February 12, a day after the Union Cabinet cleared the draft bill.
Senior Congress leaders Ahmed Patel and Digvijay Singh had earlier met former BJP chief Venkaiah Naidu in an effort to garner support for the bill, as per news reports on Saturday.
Despite demands by Union Minister Pallam Raju, the Bill has not made any provision for granting Union Territory status to Hyderabad.
With the current session being the last of the 15th Lok Sabha, the government wants that the Bill should be taken up for consideration and passage during the session.
The Cabinet cleared the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill after a special marathon meeting which was followed by a meeting of the Congress Core Group headed by party President Sonia Gandhi. AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh, who is in-charge of Andhra Pradesh, was the special invite at the meeting.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan