Congress should set its house in order over Telangana issue: BJP
Hyderabad: BJP has been clear on its stand in supporting the cause for a separate Telangana state, the party`s Andhra Pradesh unit chief G Kishan Reddy said here on Saturday while stating that it was the Congress leaders who needed to resolve their position on the matter.
Senior Congress leaders like Kamal Nath and AICC General Secretary Digvijay Singh had referred to BJP in a negative manner over its support for the Telangana Bill, Reddy said even as he reiterated that his party was committed to the formation of the separate state.
"Congress should first set its house in order. A number of Telangana youth ended their lives because Congress delayed its decision on Telangana.
"Congress and TDP MPs have been protesting in Parliament. Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy is openly opposing the decision. Congress cannot take any action.
How can they talk about BJP?" he said.
He, meanwhile, added that keeping in mind the interests of the Telangana as well as the Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema people, BJP would propose suitable amendments to the Telangana Bill when it is tabled in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan