Congress speaking in different voices on AP division: Naidu
Hyderabad: Congress is going ahead with division of Andhra Pradesh for political gains without trying to resolve the issue in an amicable manner, TDP President N Chandrababu Naidu alleged on Friday.
Naidu, who undertook fast in Delhi recently against bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, said Congress leaders in Delhi spoke in different voices on a crucial issue like division of the state.
"They talked about Antony Committee (of AICC). We don`t know what happened to it. Now they talk about Group of Ministers (on Telangana). They don`t say what they are going to do," the former Chief Minister told reporters here.
"They speak in different voices about the procedure. One leader says we will send the resolution (to Legislative Assembly), another says we will send the Bill."
"Again, they say we will send both. They don`t say what is the truth. "Is this the way to address the issue? When future of children is at stake, when there are concerns about water, jobs, they speak in different voices," Naidu alleged.
Reiterating TDP`s charge that Congress had a tacit understanding with TRS in Telangana and YSR Congress in Seemandhra, the Opposition leader said even members of the ruling party talked about it.
"I did a fast in Delhi. I demanded that talks be held with Joint Action Committees from both sides (Telangana and Seemandhra) to address the issue in a way acceptable to all."
Talking about former Union Coal Secretary P C Parakh`s remarks against Prime Minister over the coal blocks allocation issue, Naidu wondered what is PM`s reply to them.
"What is Prime Minister`s answer when Parakh says Prime Minister should also be made a conspirator (in coal scam)," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof