Congress to hold meeting to thank Sonia Gandhi for Telangana
Karimnagar: A public meeting to express thanks to UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi for the Telangana decision will be held in Karimnagar town on Sunday, Andhra Pradesh Minister Duddilla Sridhar Babu said here on Friday.
Addressing a press conference, Civil Supplies Minister Sridhar Babu said that the Congress party plans to organise a meeting to express thanks to Sonia Gandhi, for announcing separate statehood for Telangana.
By announcing a separate Telangana state, she had fulfilled a long pending dream and desire of the people of the region for which they are thankful to her, he said.
Appealing to the people to make the public meeting a grand success, he said that it would be held at the Ambedkar Stadium and some ministers from the union cabinet including S Jaipal Reddy would take part in the meeting.
Karimnagar MP Ponnam Prabhakar, AP government whip Arepalli Mohan, District Congress Committee President Konduri Ravindra Rao, Karimnagar MLC T Santhosh Kumar, MLAs and others were present at the press conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’