Congress to hold meeting to thank Sonia Gandhi for Telangana
Karimnagar: A public meeting to express thanks to UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi for the Telangana decision will be held in Karimnagar town on Sunday, Andhra Pradesh Minister Duddilla Sridhar Babu said here on Friday.
Addressing a press conference, Civil Supplies Minister Sridhar Babu said that the Congress party plans to organise a meeting to express thanks to Sonia Gandhi, for announcing separate statehood for Telangana.
By announcing a separate Telangana state, she had fulfilled a long pending dream and desire of the people of the region for which they are thankful to her, he said.
Appealing to the people to make the public meeting a grand success, he said that it would be held at the Ambedkar Stadium and some ministers from the union cabinet including S Jaipal Reddy would take part in the meeting.
Karimnagar MP Ponnam Prabhakar, AP government whip Arepalli Mohan, District Congress Committee President Konduri Ravindra Rao, Karimnagar MLC T Santhosh Kumar, MLAs and others were present at the press conference.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case