Congress wants political mileage out of Telangana issue: BJP
Hyderabad: Congress is only playing politics over Telangana issue and doing injustice to the people of Andhra Pradesh by dilly-dallying on the matter, state BJP unit president G Kishan Reddy alleged here on Thursday.
"What is Congress party`s stand on the issue? On what basis your party MLAs and MPs are leading agitations? Why are they trying to provoke people? Congress and the central government lack any direction. They are only trying to gain political mileage by provoking people from the two regions," Reddy told reporters here.
"Their only agenda is how to win MP seats from the two regions to make Rahul Gandhi Prime Minister. Congress is not bothered people of Andhra Pradesh," he said.
Reddy took exception to Congress leaders from Telangana and non-Telangana region voicing the separate statehood and united Andhra Pradesh demands, respectively.
The Telangana issue should be resolved in a congenial and harmonious atmosphere, he said.
He demanded that the Andhra Pradesh government make estimates of crop losses due to recent heavy rains in several districts of the state and supply free seeds to farmers for alternative crops.
"The farmers should also be given 50 kgs of urea and potash per acre free of cost. The government should give Rs 10,000 within a month to farmers who suffered crop losses. Compensation should be given for house damages. The residents of island villages in coastal districts, who are displaced by floods every year, should be provided pucca houses at safer places," he demanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter