Congress will pay heavily for not supporting Telangana: TRS
Hyderabad: Hitting out at Congress for not coming out in support of separate Telangana cause during a debate in the Rajya Sabha on Friday, TRS here claimed that the ruling party will have to pay a price for it.
"After the debate in Rajya Sabha today, it is clear that Congress is the main hurdle to the formation of separate Telangana. Congress will have to pay a heavy price for this," TRS MLA T Harish Rao told reporters here.
The Union Government today said, in response to debate on Telangana statehood issue, that "suitable decision" would be taken on basis of consultations with political parties.
Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh said that in accordance with the report of Srikrishna Committee, the government was consulting all the political parties.
Singh was replying to a debate on a Private Members` resolution, moved by Prakash Javadekar (BJP).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'