Congress will pay heavily for not supporting Telangana: TRS
Hyderabad: Hitting out at Congress for not coming out in support of separate Telangana cause during a debate in the Rajya Sabha on Friday, TRS here claimed that the ruling party will have to pay a price for it.
"After the debate in Rajya Sabha today, it is clear that Congress is the main hurdle to the formation of separate Telangana. Congress will have to pay a heavy price for this," TRS MLA T Harish Rao told reporters here.
The Union Government today said, in response to debate on Telangana statehood issue, that "suitable decision" would be taken on basis of consultations with political parties.
Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh said that in accordance with the report of Srikrishna Committee, the government was consulting all the political parties.
Singh was replying to a debate on a Private Members` resolution, moved by Prakash Javadekar (BJP).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what