Congress will pay heavily for not supporting Telangana: TRS
Hyderabad: Hitting out at Congress for not coming out in support of separate Telangana cause during a debate in the Rajya Sabha on Friday, TRS here claimed that the ruling party will have to pay a price for it.
"After the debate in Rajya Sabha today, it is clear that Congress is the main hurdle to the formation of separate Telangana. Congress will have to pay a heavy price for this," TRS MLA T Harish Rao told reporters here.
The Union Government today said, in response to debate on Telangana statehood issue, that "suitable decision" would be taken on basis of consultations with political parties.
Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh said that in accordance with the report of Srikrishna Committee, the government was consulting all the political parties.
Singh was replying to a debate on a Private Members` resolution, moved by Prakash Javadekar (BJP).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?