Congress worker attempts suicide over expulsion of Andhra MPs
Rajahmundry: A local Congress leader allegedly tried to commit suicide to protest the expulsion of six party MPs from Seemandhra for giving a no-confidence motion notice against UPA government over the state`s division.
K Srinivas (45), the Congress` backward community cell leader from East Godavari district, consumed over 40 sleeping pills last night after getting the news of the expulsion of six Seemandhra MPs, police said.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital in an unconscious state where doctors attending him said his condition was stable and he was being provided necessary medical treatment.
Police have registered a case in this regard.
The city Congress leaders held a meeting to discuss future course of action, in view of developments taking place in Parliament.
Yesterday, Congress MLA from Rajahmundry Ruothu Suryaprakash Rao had resigned from the party to protest the expulsion of Lok Sabha member V Arun Kumar.
Meanwhile, protests against the state bifurcation, as a part of a call given by the Andhra Pradesh Non-Gazette Officers (APNGOs), continued in East Godavari district today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing