Congress worker attempts suicide over expulsion of Andhra MPs
Rajahmundry: A local Congress leader allegedly tried to commit suicide to protest the expulsion of six party MPs from Seemandhra for giving a no-confidence motion notice against UPA government over the state`s division.
K Srinivas (45), the Congress` backward community cell leader from East Godavari district, consumed over 40 sleeping pills last night after getting the news of the expulsion of six Seemandhra MPs, police said.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital in an unconscious state where doctors attending him said his condition was stable and he was being provided necessary medical treatment.
Police have registered a case in this regard.
The city Congress leaders held a meeting to discuss future course of action, in view of developments taking place in Parliament.
Yesterday, Congress MLA from Rajahmundry Ruothu Suryaprakash Rao had resigned from the party to protest the expulsion of Lok Sabha member V Arun Kumar.
Meanwhile, protests against the state bifurcation, as a part of a call given by the Andhra Pradesh Non-Gazette Officers (APNGOs), continued in East Godavari district today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- Super 30 founder wants 'level playing field' for marginalised students at IIT entrance
- SHAME! Son of Jadavpur University's professor touched girl students without consent, objectified them filthily?
- 30 Dalit groups in Gujarat form united front to fight atrocities
- Praveen Rana named as Narsingh Yadav's replacement for Rio Olympics by WFI
- Jallikattu: Customs, traditions have to pass legal and constitutional test as well, says SC