Congress worker attempts suicide over expulsion of Andhra MPs
Rajahmundry: A local Congress leader allegedly tried to commit suicide to protest the expulsion of six party MPs from Seemandhra for giving a no-confidence motion notice against UPA government over the state`s division.
K Srinivas (45), the Congress` backward community cell leader from East Godavari district, consumed over 40 sleeping pills last night after getting the news of the expulsion of six Seemandhra MPs, police said.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital in an unconscious state where doctors attending him said his condition was stable and he was being provided necessary medical treatment.
Police have registered a case in this regard.
The city Congress leaders held a meeting to discuss future course of action, in view of developments taking place in Parliament.
Yesterday, Congress MLA from Rajahmundry Ruothu Suryaprakash Rao had resigned from the party to protest the expulsion of Lok Sabha member V Arun Kumar.
Meanwhile, protests against the state bifurcation, as a part of a call given by the Andhra Pradesh Non-Gazette Officers (APNGOs), continued in East Godavari district today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you