Congress worker attempts suicide over expulsion of Andhra MPs
Rajahmundry: A local Congress leader allegedly tried to commit suicide to protest the expulsion of six party MPs from Seemandhra for giving a no-confidence motion notice against UPA government over the state`s division.
K Srinivas (45), the Congress` backward community cell leader from East Godavari district, consumed over 40 sleeping pills last night after getting the news of the expulsion of six Seemandhra MPs, police said.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital in an unconscious state where doctors attending him said his condition was stable and he was being provided necessary medical treatment.
Police have registered a case in this regard.
The city Congress leaders held a meeting to discuss future course of action, in view of developments taking place in Parliament.
Yesterday, Congress MLA from Rajahmundry Ruothu Suryaprakash Rao had resigned from the party to protest the expulsion of Lok Sabha member V Arun Kumar.
Meanwhile, protests against the state bifurcation, as a part of a call given by the Andhra Pradesh Non-Gazette Officers (APNGOs), continued in East Godavari district today.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Gold price glitters by Rs 215 to Rs 29,790 per ten grams
- CGBSE 10th HS Results 2016: Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net for Chhattisgarh CG Board (Class 10 X) High School Exam Results 2016 tomorrow on April 28
- PHOTO: 'World boss' Chris Gayle with 'Macho boy' Sarfaraz Khan in cool pic
- FDI up 37% after launch of 'Make in India'
- Priyanka Chopra to attend White House Correspondents' dinner