Congress, YSRCP observe YSR`s birth anniversary
Hyderabad: Sixty-third birth anniversary of the late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, was observed on Sunday by both Congress as well as YSR Congress Party of his son, Jaganmohan Reddy.
Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy, state Congress president Botsa Satyanarayana, state ministers and other Congress leaders garlanded a statue of the late Chief Minister at Punjagutta here.
YSR`s wife and honorary president of Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party (YSRCP), Y S Vijaya Lakshmi, and her daughter Sharmila and other family members paid tributes to him at his `samadhi` (memorial) at family estate at Idupulapaya in Kadapa district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?