Congress, YSRCP observe YSR`s birth anniversary
Hyderabad: Sixty-third birth anniversary of the late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, was observed on Sunday by both Congress as well as YSR Congress Party of his son, Jaganmohan Reddy.
Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy, state Congress president Botsa Satyanarayana, state ministers and other Congress leaders garlanded a statue of the late Chief Minister at Punjagutta here.
YSR`s wife and honorary president of Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party (YSRCP), Y S Vijaya Lakshmi, and her daughter Sharmila and other family members paid tributes to him at his `samadhi` (memorial) at family estate at Idupulapaya in Kadapa district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA