Congressmen from coastal AP lobby for united Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Continuing their efforts in support of the united Andhra Pradesh cause, ministers and Congress leaders from Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra Pradesh asked the state leadership on Wednesday to help maintain the state`s "unity".
With the Congress Core Committee scheduled to discuss the Telangana issue on Friday, AP Primary Education Minister S Sailajanath and other Congress leaders today met Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and state Congress president Botsa Satyanarayana, who have been asked by the high command to prepare a roadmap on the issue.
"We told the Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) president that a united Andhra Pradesh is in the interest of weaker sections and that there is no alternative to it," Sailajanath told reporters.
The Congress top brass will meet on Friday to take a final view on the vexed Telangana statehood issue which has divided all parties in the state along regional lines.
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh, who is in-charge of party affairs in the state, has already submitted his proposal to party president Sonia Gandhi as the UPA government weighs options on the demand for a separate Telangana state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing