Consensus on SC/ST Bill needed: Kharge
Rajahmundry: Union Labour Minister Mallikarjun Kharge on Sunday said education was needed for upliftment of the downtrodden.
He was speaking after inaugurating a Rs 1.10 crore stadium built in the memory of late Lok Sabha Speaker GMC Balayogi at Amalapuram in East Godavari district.
"There is need for development of Dalits in all fronts which require higher education. For that they must show keen interest in education and avail the schemes launched by the government for this purpose," he said.
Kharge also appealed to all political parties to come forward to support the bill for reservations to SC and ST employees in promotions in government jobs. "Only one or two parties are supporting the legislation. It is the duty of all political parties to take initiative in passing the bill in Rajya Sabha," he said.
The minister recalled the development work done by the late Speaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- NT Awards 2016: Zee News wins five awards in various categories
- AAP advertising budget less than money spent on PM Modi's clothes: Arvind Kejriwal
- ''Disappointment'' over Pay Commission due to Centre's inability to rein in inflation: JD (U)
- Want to live longer? Restrict your calorie intake!
- Maharashtra B.Ed CET Result 2016: dhe.mhpravesh.in declares B.Ed CET Results, check B.Ed result 2016 by directly clicking here