Consider Srikrishna Committee report: Rayalaseema leaders
Kadapa (Andhra Pradesh): Even as pro-Telangana parties have upped their ante for the separate state, leaders from Rayalaseema region have passed a resolution backing unified Andhra Pradesh and launching agitation for the development of the region.
A meeting of public representatives demanded that the state and Central governments should consider the Srikrishna Committee report before taking a call on the formation of Telangana.
The Srikrishna panel in its 2011 report had listed united Andhra Pradesh as a "workable option" to the vexed issue.
The meeting held yesterday in the Lok Sabha constituency of jailed MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy was attended by YSR Congress MLAs Srikanth Reddy, Amaranatha Reddy, MLCs B Pullaih, Shaik Hussain, former MPs YS Vivekananda Reddy and Ramamuni Reddy among others.
MLA Ch Chandraseker Reddy told reporters that a delegation of public representatives and activists would meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi on the issue.
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district
- Major blow to Nawaz govt as US asks Pakistan to make ‘full payment’ for F-16 fighter jets