Consider Srikrishna Committee report: Rayalaseema leaders
Kadapa (Andhra Pradesh): Even as pro-Telangana parties have upped their ante for the separate state, leaders from Rayalaseema region have passed a resolution backing unified Andhra Pradesh and launching agitation for the development of the region.
A meeting of public representatives demanded that the state and Central governments should consider the Srikrishna Committee report before taking a call on the formation of Telangana.
The Srikrishna panel in its 2011 report had listed united Andhra Pradesh as a "workable option" to the vexed issue.
The meeting held yesterday in the Lok Sabha constituency of jailed MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy was attended by YSR Congress MLAs Srikanth Reddy, Amaranatha Reddy, MLCs B Pullaih, Shaik Hussain, former MPs YS Vivekananda Reddy and Ramamuni Reddy among others.
MLA Ch Chandraseker Reddy told reporters that a delegation of public representatives and activists would meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video