Consider Srikrishna Committee report: Rayalaseema leaders
Kadapa (Andhra Pradesh): Even as pro-Telangana parties have upped their ante for the separate state, leaders from Rayalaseema region have passed a resolution backing unified Andhra Pradesh and launching agitation for the development of the region.
A meeting of public representatives demanded that the state and Central governments should consider the Srikrishna Committee report before taking a call on the formation of Telangana.
The Srikrishna panel in its 2011 report had listed united Andhra Pradesh as a "workable option" to the vexed issue.
The meeting held yesterday in the Lok Sabha constituency of jailed MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy was attended by YSR Congress MLAs Srikanth Reddy, Amaranatha Reddy, MLCs B Pullaih, Shaik Hussain, former MPs YS Vivekananda Reddy and Ramamuni Reddy among others.
MLA Ch Chandraseker Reddy told reporters that a delegation of public representatives and activists would meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Watch Video: BlackBerry DTEK50, the world's most secured Android smartphone
- Unbelievable: Thousands throng daily at Taiwan McDonald's store to see a girl – Know why
- Kusal Mendis inspires Sri Lanka to a 196-run lead over Australia on a topsy-turvy 3rd day
- Former BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu to join AAP on August 15?
- Bank employees to go on strike on Friday, services to be hit