Consider Srikrishna Committee report: Rayalaseema leaders
Kadapa (Andhra Pradesh): Even as pro-Telangana parties have upped their ante for the separate state, leaders from Rayalaseema region have passed a resolution backing unified Andhra Pradesh and launching agitation for the development of the region.
A meeting of public representatives demanded that the state and Central governments should consider the Srikrishna Committee report before taking a call on the formation of Telangana.
The Srikrishna panel in its 2011 report had listed united Andhra Pradesh as a "workable option" to the vexed issue.
The meeting held yesterday in the Lok Sabha constituency of jailed MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy was attended by YSR Congress MLAs Srikanth Reddy, Amaranatha Reddy, MLCs B Pullaih, Shaik Hussain, former MPs YS Vivekananda Reddy and Ramamuni Reddy among others.
MLA Ch Chandraseker Reddy told reporters that a delegation of public representatives and activists would meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!