Consider Srikrishna Committee report: Rayalaseema leaders
Kadapa (Andhra Pradesh): Even as pro-Telangana parties have upped their ante for the separate state, leaders from Rayalaseema region have passed a resolution backing unified Andhra Pradesh and launching agitation for the development of the region.
A meeting of public representatives demanded that the state and Central governments should consider the Srikrishna Committee report before taking a call on the formation of Telangana.
The Srikrishna panel in its 2011 report had listed united Andhra Pradesh as a "workable option" to the vexed issue.
The meeting held yesterday in the Lok Sabha constituency of jailed MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy was attended by YSR Congress MLAs Srikanth Reddy, Amaranatha Reddy, MLCs B Pullaih, Shaik Hussain, former MPs YS Vivekananda Reddy and Ramamuni Reddy among others.
MLA Ch Chandraseker Reddy told reporters that a delegation of public representatives and activists would meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie