Constable at US consulate shoots self accidentally in AP, dies
Hyderabad: A constable with the Andhra Pradesh Special Police, on sentry duty at the US Consulate Office in the Begumpet area here, died after his self-loading rifle (SLR) fired accidentally.
Constable Narasimha Swamy, posted at the gate number one of Consulate, was hit in the stomach by a bullet from his own service rifle at about 6.50 pm, the police said.
He was admitted to a private hospital, and was operated on, however, he died late in the evening, a senior police officer told PTI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi to launch solar-powered e-boats on River Ganga in Varanasi
- 'DMK chief Karuna's sole aim to woo youth to see family rule continues'
- Why US President Barack Obama mocked Donald Trump at final correspondents' dinner
- Unveiled! First poster of Amitabh Bachchan starrer 'TE3N'
- Cyber-bullying increases aggression in teenagers: Study