Consultations on cabinet to end tomorrow: Andhra CM
New Delhi: New Andhra Pradesh Chief
Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Saturday held meetings with Congress
President Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and a
host of party leaders and hoped that consultations on the
formation of his new Cabinet will be over by tomorrow.
Reddy, who arrived here this morning on his maiden
visit to the capital after assuming office on Thursday, met
Singh, Gandhi, Defence Minister A K Antony, Home Minister P
Chidambaram and other Congress leaders and sought their
cooperation in running the government.
During his meeting with Gandhi and Singh, the
50-year-old Chief Minister thanked them for choosing him for
the top post and told them that his administration will be
"transparent" to the people.
"Discussions and consultations on the cabinet
formation is an ongoing process. The exercise has not yet been
completed. It is going on," he told reporters after a 2-hour
marathon meeting with Ahmed Patel, the political secretary to
He said the Deputy Chief Minister will "100 per cent"
from the Telangana region.
Asked whether the composition of his cabinet and
nominees have been finalised, he said all these were part of
the exercise and will be communicated to the media on the
Though Kiran Reddy said it was difficult to give a
time-frame for the cabinet formation, he hoped the
consultations will end by tomorrow.
"I hope the exercise (of consultation) will end by
tomorrow," he said.
To a question whose seal -- his or the party`s -- will
be visible in his new cabinet, the Chief Minister quipped:
"When the list is out, you can see whose seal. It is for you
Sources said Vivekananda Reddy, the brother of late Y
S Rajasekhara Reddy, is likely to be inducted into the
cabinet, a move aimed at taming the belligerent Kadapa MP.
Reddy also met Vice President Hamid Ansari, Lok
Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar and Urban Development Minister S
Jaipal Reddy, who also hails from Andhra Pradesh.
Earlier, on his arrival, Kiran Reddy told reporters:
"I am here to meet Madam Sonia Gandhi and other high command
members to convey my thanks for the responsibility they have
given to me. I have come for Cabinet consultation with them.
"My agenda will be to try to give a clean and
transparent government," he said in reply to a question.
Reddy, an MLA from Pileru in Chittoor district in
Andhra Pradesh`s Ralayaseema region, is a YSR loyalist and was
the Assembly Speaker till Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city