Contractor Sobhan Babu ordered to stop mining in V
Rajahmundry: The East Godavari district collector Neetu Kumari Prasad today said that the suspension of mining activities in Vanthada village of Prathipadu mandal of East Godavari district will come into force with immediate effect.
She said that suspension of mining activities were issued by Central Mining Department of Hyderabad, Regional Controller of Mines P S Sarma to mining lease holder contractor Sobhan Babu.
In 2009, a senior Assistant Controller of Mines G C Sethi who visited Vanthada found irregularities and decided to suspend mining activity, it was mentioned in the suspension order.
"We issued notices twice in February 2010 and June 2010 to Babu to submit a report. He promised to submit the report but did not respond to our notices. Once again, we issued a notice to contractor Babu on 12 August, 2010. Since he did not reply to our notices after waiting for two years, we suspended mining in Vanthada and the order will come into force with immediate effect," she said.
She said the orders will be in force till contractors submit a compliance report to the district collector.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate