Contractor Sobhan Babu ordered to stop mining in V
Rajahmundry: The East Godavari district collector Neetu Kumari Prasad today said that the suspension of mining activities in Vanthada village of Prathipadu mandal of East Godavari district will come into force with immediate effect.
She said that suspension of mining activities were issued by Central Mining Department of Hyderabad, Regional Controller of Mines P S Sarma to mining lease holder contractor Sobhan Babu.
In 2009, a senior Assistant Controller of Mines G C Sethi who visited Vanthada found irregularities and decided to suspend mining activity, it was mentioned in the suspension order.
"We issued notices twice in February 2010 and June 2010 to Babu to submit a report. He promised to submit the report but did not respond to our notices. Once again, we issued a notice to contractor Babu on 12 August, 2010. Since he did not reply to our notices after waiting for two years, we suspended mining in Vanthada and the order will come into force with immediate effect," she said.
She said the orders will be in force till contractors submit a compliance report to the district collector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city