Contractor Sobhan Babu ordered to stop mining in V
Rajahmundry: The East Godavari district collector Neetu Kumari Prasad today said that the suspension of mining activities in Vanthada village of Prathipadu mandal of East Godavari district will come into force with immediate effect.
She said that suspension of mining activities were issued by Central Mining Department of Hyderabad, Regional Controller of Mines P S Sarma to mining lease holder contractor Sobhan Babu.
In 2009, a senior Assistant Controller of Mines G C Sethi who visited Vanthada found irregularities and decided to suspend mining activity, it was mentioned in the suspension order.
"We issued notices twice in February 2010 and June 2010 to Babu to submit a report. He promised to submit the report but did not respond to our notices. Once again, we issued a notice to contractor Babu on 12 August, 2010. Since he did not reply to our notices after waiting for two years, we suspended mining in Vanthada and the order will come into force with immediate effect," she said.
She said the orders will be in force till contractors submit a compliance report to the district collector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy