Convene all-party meet on Telangana: BJP tells PM
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh BJP on Thursday
appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to convene an all-
party meeting to discuss and resolve the issue of separate
statehood for Telangana region, which is witnessing a
crippling general strike for over two weeks now.
`Sakar Janula Samme` (general strike) in support of
Telangana state entered the 17th day today. The stir has
spread to virtually all departments and is even affecting
functioning of private establishments in the region, State BJP
spokesperson N V S S Prabhakar told reporters here.
The Prime Minister should initiate steps to convene an
all-party meeting to find a solution of the long-pending
issue, he said.
The Centre should announce creation of Telangana state
before the situation goes out of hand, he maintained.
The Congress-led UPA Government has been wasting time
by holding only talks with MLAs and MPs of the region and not
announcing concrete steps, the BJP leader said.
The people of Telangana are fed up with the culture of
setting up different committees by the Centre on the decades-
old issue, Prabhakar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan