Cops book youth for kidnapping and raping his female colleague
Hyderabad: A youth was arrested here for allegedly abducting and raping his 21-year-old colleague.
The accused, Krishna Ranjan, hailing from Bihar and working as a manager at a packers and movers company, was booked on charges of kidnapping and raping the young woman who worked as a computer operator in his office for two days, the police said.
The accused continued to contact the victim through a social networking site though she quit her job and went to her native Eluru town in West Godavari district a few months ago as she was unable to take his misbehaviour in the office, the police said.
On December 10, the accused went to Eluru and "trapped her" by telling that his father met with a road accident and asked her to accompany him to Hyderabad.
He allegedly spiked her cold drink with sleeping pills as she accompanied him in a bus, after which he took her to his house in Balanagar and sexually assaulted her for two days, a senior police officer said, quoting the victim`s father who initially lodged a missing complaint at the Kukatpally police station.
The police rescued the victim from his house and sent her to a hospital for medical examination, while the accused was arrested and produced before a court, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?