Cops book youth for kidnapping and raping his female colleague
Hyderabad: A youth was arrested here for allegedly abducting and raping his 21-year-old colleague.
The accused, Krishna Ranjan, hailing from Bihar and working as a manager at a packers and movers company, was booked on charges of kidnapping and raping the young woman who worked as a computer operator in his office for two days, the police said.
The accused continued to contact the victim through a social networking site though she quit her job and went to her native Eluru town in West Godavari district a few months ago as she was unable to take his misbehaviour in the office, the police said.
On December 10, the accused went to Eluru and "trapped her" by telling that his father met with a road accident and asked her to accompany him to Hyderabad.
He allegedly spiked her cold drink with sleeping pills as she accompanied him in a bus, after which he took her to his house in Balanagar and sexually assaulted her for two days, a senior police officer said, quoting the victim`s father who initially lodged a missing complaint at the Kukatpally police station.
The police rescued the victim from his house and sent her to a hospital for medical examination, while the accused was arrested and produced before a court, the police officer said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'