Cops book youth for kidnapping and raping his female colleague
Hyderabad: A youth was arrested here for allegedly abducting and raping his 21-year-old colleague.
The accused, Krishna Ranjan, hailing from Bihar and working as a manager at a packers and movers company, was booked on charges of kidnapping and raping the young woman who worked as a computer operator in his office for two days, the police said.
The accused continued to contact the victim through a social networking site though she quit her job and went to her native Eluru town in West Godavari district a few months ago as she was unable to take his misbehaviour in the office, the police said.
On December 10, the accused went to Eluru and "trapped her" by telling that his father met with a road accident and asked her to accompany him to Hyderabad.
He allegedly spiked her cold drink with sleeping pills as she accompanied him in a bus, after which he took her to his house in Balanagar and sexually assaulted her for two days, a senior police officer said, quoting the victim`s father who initially lodged a missing complaint at the Kukatpally police station.
The police rescued the victim from his house and sent her to a hospital for medical examination, while the accused was arrested and produced before a court, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'