`Corruption, crime against women damaging country`
Guntur: BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Monday attacked the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre for "corruption, scams and increasing cases of crimes against women" and claimed these are damaging the country`s reputation abroad.
"When Congress reigns, prices of essential commodities soar, unemployment is high and fundamentalists flourish, threatening the security of the country," Naidu said.
The BJP leader alleged that corruption and scams have scaled new heights and increasing cases of rapes, molestations and farmer suicides are damaging the country`s reputation.
Speaking at the occasion, Andhra Pradesh BJP president B Kishen Reddy blamed Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy for the acute power crisis gripping the state.
Describing Reddy as "inexperienced, incompetent and arrogant," he said that the BJP will contest all the 42 Lok Sabha seats and 294 Assembly seats of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind