`Corruption, crime against women damaging country`s image`
Guntur: BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Monday attacked the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre for "corruption, scams and increasing cases of crimes against women" and claimed these are damaging the country`s reputation abroad.
"When Congress reigns, prices of essential commodities soar, unemployment is high and fundamentalists flourish, threatening the security of the country," Naidu said.
The BJP leader alleged that corruption and scams have scaled new heights and increasing cases of rapes, molestations and farmer suicides are damaging the country`s reputation.
Speaking at the occasion, Andhra Pradesh BJP president B Kishen Reddy blamed Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy for the acute power crisis gripping the state.
Describing Reddy as "inexperienced, incompetent and arrogant," he said that the BJP will contest all the 42 Lok Sabha seats and 294 Assembly seats of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015