`Corruption, crime against women damaging country`s image`
Guntur: BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Monday attacked the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre for "corruption, scams and increasing cases of crimes against women" and claimed these are damaging the country`s reputation abroad.
"When Congress reigns, prices of essential commodities soar, unemployment is high and fundamentalists flourish, threatening the security of the country," Naidu said.
The BJP leader alleged that corruption and scams have scaled new heights and increasing cases of rapes, molestations and farmer suicides are damaging the country`s reputation.
Speaking at the occasion, Andhra Pradesh BJP president B Kishen Reddy blamed Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy for the acute power crisis gripping the state.
Describing Reddy as "inexperienced, incompetent and arrogant," he said that the BJP will contest all the 42 Lok Sabha seats and 294 Assembly seats of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters