`Corruption, crime against women damaging country`s image`
Guntur: BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Monday attacked the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre for "corruption, scams and increasing cases of crimes against women" and claimed these are damaging the country`s reputation abroad.
"When Congress reigns, prices of essential commodities soar, unemployment is high and fundamentalists flourish, threatening the security of the country," Naidu said.
The BJP leader alleged that corruption and scams have scaled new heights and increasing cases of rapes, molestations and farmer suicides are damaging the country`s reputation.
Speaking at the occasion, Andhra Pradesh BJP president B Kishen Reddy blamed Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy for the acute power crisis gripping the state.
Describing Reddy as "inexperienced, incompetent and arrogant," he said that the BJP will contest all the 42 Lok Sabha seats and 294 Assembly seats of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic