Court adjourns Satyam case to Aug 11
Hyderabad: A local court trying the case of multi-crore accounting fraud in erstwhile Satyam Computer Services Limited (SCSL) Monday adjourned the proceedings to August 11, as the judge was on leave.
Special Judge B V L N Chakravarthi of XXI court of Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) had last month posted the case for today, for giving a date for pronouncement of judgement in the case and had summoned all the 10 accused, including Satyam Computers founder and former chairman B Ramalinga Raju, the prime accused.
As the judge of the special court was on leave, the matter was adjourned to August 11 for giving a date of verdict in the case.
The trial in Satyam fraud case had concluded in second half of June before the special court, which examined 216 witnesses and marked 3,038 documents during the course of the hearing.
Touted as the country`s biggest accounting fraud, the scam came to light on January 7, 2009, after Ramalinga Raju allegedly confessed to manipulating his company`s account books and inflating profits over many years to the tune of several crores of rupees.
During the trial, the CBI alleged that the scam caused a loss of Rs 14,000 crore to Satyam shareholders, while the defence countered the charges, saying the accused were not responsible for the fraud and all the documents filed by the central agency relating to the case were fabricated and not according to law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre