Court asks cops to probe if Shinde, PC `cheated` on Telangana
Hyderabad: A local court on Monday directed police to investigate into the allegations whether Union Ministers Sushilkumar Shinde and P Chidambaram "cheated" the people of Telangana region by their statements on the statehood issue.
Based on a complaint filed by Telangana Junior Advocates` Association president Naresh Kumar, Second Metropolitan Magistrate Court directed the L B Nagar Police to investigate into the matter and file a status report before it by February 14.
Kumar, in his petition, had mentioned about the statements of Shinde and Chidambaram on Telangana issue and sought the court`s directions to refer the matter to police for investigation under section 420 (cheating) of the IPC.
During the all-party meeting convened by the Centre on Telangana in New Delhi on December 28 last year, Shinde had said the Telangana issue would be resolved within a month.
On December 9, 2009, the then Union Home Minister P Chidambaram had announced on initiating process to create Telangana state. However, on December 23, 2009 Chidambaram modified the statement following an agitation in coastal Andhra and Rayalseema regions of Andhra Pradesh.
Meanwhile, Cyberabad Police Commissioner Ch Dwaraka Tirumala Rao said they were yet to receive the court orders in this regard.
Asked if the police would lodge any case against the Union Ministers, the senior police officer said, "We have to first go through the order copy and act accordingly."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm