Court asks cops to probe if Shinde, PC `cheated` on Telangana
Hyderabad: A local court on Monday directed police to investigate into the allegations whether Union Ministers Sushilkumar Shinde and P Chidambaram "cheated" the people of Telangana region by their statements on the statehood issue.
Based on a complaint filed by Telangana Junior Advocates` Association president Naresh Kumar, Second Metropolitan Magistrate Court directed the L B Nagar Police to investigate into the matter and file a status report before it by February 14.
Kumar, in his petition, had mentioned about the statements of Shinde and Chidambaram on Telangana issue and sought the court`s directions to refer the matter to police for investigation under section 420 (cheating) of the IPC.
During the all-party meeting convened by the Centre on Telangana in New Delhi on December 28 last year, Shinde had said the Telangana issue would be resolved within a month.
On December 9, 2009, the then Union Home Minister P Chidambaram had announced on initiating process to create Telangana state. However, on December 23, 2009 Chidambaram modified the statement following an agitation in coastal Andhra and Rayalseema regions of Andhra Pradesh.
Meanwhile, Cyberabad Police Commissioner Ch Dwaraka Tirumala Rao said they were yet to receive the court orders in this regard.
Asked if the police would lodge any case against the Union Ministers, the senior police officer said, "We have to first go through the order copy and act accordingly."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof