Court asks cops to probe if Shinde, PC `cheated` on Telangana
Hyderabad: A local court on Monday directed police to investigate into the allegations whether Union Ministers Sushilkumar Shinde and P Chidambaram "cheated" the people of Telangana region by their statements on the statehood issue.
Based on a complaint filed by Telangana Junior Advocates` Association president Naresh Kumar, Second Metropolitan Magistrate Court directed the L B Nagar Police to investigate into the matter and file a status report before it by February 14.
Kumar, in his petition, had mentioned about the statements of Shinde and Chidambaram on Telangana issue and sought the court`s directions to refer the matter to police for investigation under section 420 (cheating) of the IPC.
During the all-party meeting convened by the Centre on Telangana in New Delhi on December 28 last year, Shinde had said the Telangana issue would be resolved within a month.
On December 9, 2009, the then Union Home Minister P Chidambaram had announced on initiating process to create Telangana state. However, on December 23, 2009 Chidambaram modified the statement following an agitation in coastal Andhra and Rayalseema regions of Andhra Pradesh.
Meanwhile, Cyberabad Police Commissioner Ch Dwaraka Tirumala Rao said they were yet to receive the court orders in this regard.
Asked if the police would lodge any case against the Union Ministers, the senior police officer said, "We have to first go through the order copy and act accordingly."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites