Court asks police to probe plaint against MIM MLA Quadri
Hyderabad: A local court on Monday directed police to investigate a complaint against Majlis Ithehadul Musalmeen (MIM) MLA Ahmed Pasha Quadri for allegedly making objectionable remarks about Mahatma Gandhi`s statue in the state Assembly premises.
A complaint against Quadri was filed by one M P Bhargav in the Metropolitan Magistrate court in Cyberabad. The court asked the L B Nagar police to investigate the complaint and file a status report on February 8.
The complainant accused the Charminar legislator of making "objectionable" remarks at Jagtiyal in Karimnagar district recently, which he said were "offensive and hurting the sentiments of Indians". Bhargav sought registration of a case by police under relevant sections of IPC against the legislator.
Karimnagar II Town police have already booked a case against Quadri in connection with the remarks.
Meanwhile, a metropolitan magistrate court in Cyberabad directed Vanasthalipuram police to investigate a complaint against jailed MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi for allegedly delivering hate speeches against majority community in Nirmal town of Adilabad district and in Nizmabad town.
Based on a private complaint made by one Prabhakar, the court directed the police to investigate the matter against Owaisi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read