Court directs police to probe into Jethmalani`s remarks on Lord Ram
Hyderabad: A court on Wednesday directed Neredmet Police to investigate into allegations against suspended BJP MP Ram Jethmalani for outraging religious feelings by his controversial comments on Lord Ram.
A private complaint lodged by Bajrang Dal member Navin Kumar and advocate Srinivas Yadav in the Malkajgiri Metropolitan Magistrate court sought registration of a case against Jethmalani over his comments under Sec 295A (Deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage religious feelings or any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs) of IPC, police said.
After hearing the complaint, the court today ordered the Neredmet Police to investigate and file a status report before it over the matter, they said.
When asked if any case was booked against Jethmalani, police said they were seeking legal opinion in this regard.
Jethmalani had addressed a function in Delhi on November 8 where he had described Lord Rama as a "bad husband".
"Ram was a bad husband. I don`t like him at all. Just because some fisherman said something, he sent that poor woman (Sita) to exile," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!