Court directs police to probe into Jethmalani`s remarks on Ram
Hyderabad: A court Wednesday directed Neredmet Police to investigate into allegations against suspended BJP MP Ram Jethmalani for outraging religious feelings by his controversial comments on Lord Ram.
A private complaint lodged by Bajrang Dal member Navin Kumar and advocate Srinivas Yadav in the Malkajgiri Metropolitan Magistrate court sought registration of a case against Jethmalani over his comments under Sec 295A (Deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage religious feelings or any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs) of IPC, police said.
After hearing the complaint, the court today ordered the Neredmet Police to investigate and file a status report before it over the matter, they said.
When asked if any case was booked against Jethmalani, police said they were seeking legal opinion in this regard.
Jethmalani had addressed a function in Delhi on November 8 where he had described Lord Rama as a "bad husband".
"Ram was a bad husband. I don`t like him at all. Just because some fisherman said something, he sent that poor woman (Sita) to exile," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical