Court directs probe into allegation against Srikrishna Committee
Hyderabad: A local court on Friday directed the
Punjagutta Police here to investigate a private complaint
which alleged that members of the Justice Srikrishna Committee
surpassed its terms of reference, and hurt religious
Vali-ur-Rahman, a lawyer and the General Secretary of the
`Telangana People`s Forum`, has filed the complaint before the
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate`s court here. He has
sought registration of FIR under section 153 A of IPC
(promoting enmity between two communities), among others.
The court today directed the police to file a preliminary
report within a month, said Rahman`s lawyer, advocate T
The five-member committee headed by former Supreme Court
judge B N Srikrishna submitted a report on Telangana statehood
issue in January this year.
According to the complainant, the contents of the Chapter
8 of the report hurt the sentiments of Hindus and Muslims as
it says that formation of Telangana state may promote enmity
between two communities and lead to communal violence.
Rao accused the committee members of surpassing the terms
of reference set by the Centre through their statements. "The
members also cheated the people of the Telangana region by
submitting a secret report (chapter 8)... besides also
provoked the people of the region. Following this the
petitioner had sought registration of a case under various
sections of the IPC," he told reporters today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users