Court directs probe into allegation against Srikrishna Committee
Hyderabad: A local court on Friday directed the
Punjagutta Police here to investigate a private complaint
which alleged that members of the Justice Srikrishna Committee
surpassed its terms of reference, and hurt religious
Vali-ur-Rahman, a lawyer and the General Secretary of the
`Telangana People`s Forum`, has filed the complaint before the
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate`s court here. He has
sought registration of FIR under section 153 A of IPC
(promoting enmity between two communities), among others.
The court today directed the police to file a preliminary
report within a month, said Rahman`s lawyer, advocate T
The five-member committee headed by former Supreme Court
judge B N Srikrishna submitted a report on Telangana statehood
issue in January this year.
According to the complainant, the contents of the Chapter
8 of the report hurt the sentiments of Hindus and Muslims as
it says that formation of Telangana state may promote enmity
between two communities and lead to communal violence.
Rao accused the committee members of surpassing the terms
of reference set by the Centre through their statements. "The
members also cheated the people of the Telangana region by
submitting a secret report (chapter 8)... besides also
provoked the people of the region. Following this the
petitioner had sought registration of a case under various
sections of the IPC," he told reporters today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?