Court directs probe into allegation against Srikrishna Committee
Hyderabad: A local court on Friday directed the
Punjagutta Police here to investigate a private complaint
which alleged that members of the Justice Srikrishna Committee
surpassed its terms of reference, and hurt religious
Vali-ur-Rahman, a lawyer and the General Secretary of the
`Telangana People`s Forum`, has filed the complaint before the
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate`s court here. He has
sought registration of FIR under section 153 A of IPC
(promoting enmity between two communities), among others.
The court today directed the police to file a preliminary
report within a month, said Rahman`s lawyer, advocate T
The five-member committee headed by former Supreme Court
judge B N Srikrishna submitted a report on Telangana statehood
issue in January this year.
According to the complainant, the contents of the Chapter
8 of the report hurt the sentiments of Hindus and Muslims as
it says that formation of Telangana state may promote enmity
between two communities and lead to communal violence.
Rao accused the committee members of surpassing the terms
of reference set by the Centre through their statements. "The
members also cheated the people of the Telangana region by
submitting a secret report (chapter 8)... besides also
provoked the people of the region. Following this the
petitioner had sought registration of a case under various
sections of the IPC," he told reporters today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM