Court directs probe into allegation against Srikrishna Committee
Hyderabad: A local court on Friday directed the
Punjagutta Police here to investigate a private complaint
which alleged that members of the Justice Srikrishna Committee
surpassed its terms of reference, and hurt religious
Vali-ur-Rahman, a lawyer and the General Secretary of the
`Telangana People`s Forum`, has filed the complaint before the
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate`s court here. He has
sought registration of FIR under section 153 A of IPC
(promoting enmity between two communities), among others.
The court today directed the police to file a preliminary
report within a month, said Rahman`s lawyer, advocate T
The five-member committee headed by former Supreme Court
judge B N Srikrishna submitted a report on Telangana statehood
issue in January this year.
According to the complainant, the contents of the Chapter
8 of the report hurt the sentiments of Hindus and Muslims as
it says that formation of Telangana state may promote enmity
between two communities and lead to communal violence.
Rao accused the committee members of surpassing the terms
of reference set by the Centre through their statements. "The
members also cheated the people of the Telangana region by
submitting a secret report (chapter 8)... besides also
provoked the people of the region. Following this the
petitioner had sought registration of a case under various
sections of the IPC," he told reporters today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- India's growth may dip by 0.60% on Brexit, predicts Morgan Stanley
- Players did not lose faith in Hodgson: Wayne Rooney
- IND vs NZ: New-age Team India announce Kiwi-series fixtures in unique style
- EPFO aims to cover all workers under PF, pension by 2030
- Lionel Messi `God`s gift` to Argentina: President