Court extends Jagan Reddy`s judicial remand in DA case
Hyderabad: A special CBI court here on Wednesday extended till January 17 the judicial remand of YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy and other accused in connection with the alleged disproportionate assets case.
Jagan, arrested by CBI on corruption charges on May 27 last year, is currently lodged in Chanchalguda Central Prison, along with other accused including industrialist Nimmagadda Prasada and senior bureaucrat KV Brahmananda Reddy.
He, along with the other accused, was produced before the
court through video-conferencing after which their judicial custody was extended by another 14 days.
The Andhra Pradesh High Court had earlier rejected the Kadapa MP`s statutory bail plea whereas his regular bail petition will come up for hearing on January 4.
CBI had recently informed the special court that the Centre had accorded sanction of prosecution against Brahmananda Reddy, who is among the 14 accused named in the charge sheet in the Vanpic aspect of Jagan assets case.
The court also extended the judicial remand of former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, his brother-in-law B V Srinivas Reddy, former director (Mines) VD Rajagopal and another accused Mehfuz Ali Khan in the illegal mining case involving Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) till January 17 after they were produced before it through video link.
Earlier in the day, CBI filed a charge sheet against Khan
on charges of criminal conspiracy and cheating in connection with the OMC case.
The court also extended the judicial remand of some of the accused in the Emaar scandal, including Sunil Reddy and others, till January 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says