Court extends Jagan Reddy`s judicial remand in DA case
Hyderabad: A special CBI court today extended till April 1 the judicial remand of YSR Congress president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy in the disproportionate assets case.
Besides Jagan, the court also extended the remand of former minister Mopidevi Venkata Ramana Rao, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and senior bureaucrat K V Brahmananda Reddy (all accused in Vanpic aspect of Jagan assets case) after they appeared before the court via video-conferencing from Chanchalguda Central Prison where they are currently lodged.
Andhra Pradesh Roads and Buildings Minister Dharmana Prasada Rao, also an accused in the case, appeared before the Principal Special Court for the CBI cases today.
Jagan was arrested on May 27 last year by the CBI on corruption charges.
Meanwhile, the CBI continued with its arguments on the second charge sheet filed by it against Jagan, his auditor V Vijay Sai Reddy and Jagati Publications, owned by the Kadapa MP.
In a related development, Vijay Sai Reddy, also the financial advisor to Jagan`s Group of companies and family auditor of former Andhra Pradesh chief minister late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, filed a discharge petition with regard to the second charge sheet before the court, which was posted to April 1.
Arguments were also held by prosecution in the Emaar scam. The court also extended till April 1 the judicial custody of B V Srinivas Reddy, an accused in the Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) scam case involving former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy. It also extended the judicial remand of Sunil Reddy, an accused in the Emaar scandal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video