Court extends Jagan`s judicial remand in DA case
Hyderabad: A special CBI court here today extended till January 2, 2013 the judicial remand of YSR Congress Party chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy and other accused in connection with an alleged disproportionate assets case involving him.
Jagan, along with some other accused in the case, was produced before the court through video-conferencing after which the court extended their judicial custody by another fourteen days.
Jagan has been lodged in Chanchalguda prison here since his arrest by CBI in a corruption case on May 27.
The Kadapa MP has already moved two bail applications in the Andhra Pradesh High Court.
In another development, the court extended the judicial remand of former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, his brother-in-law B V Srinivas Reddy and another accused Mehfuz Ali Khan in the illegal mining case involving Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) till January 2, 2013 through video link.
The court also extended the judicial remand of some of the accused in the Emaar scandal. The prime accused in the case, suspended IAS officer BP Acharya, who is presently out on bail, appeared before the court today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor