Court extends Jagan`s judicial remand in DA case
Hyderabad: A special CBI court here on Wednesday extended till January 17 the judicial remand of YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy and other accused in connection with the alleged disproportionate assets case.
Jagan, arrested by CBI on corruption charges on May 27 last year, is currently lodged in Chanchalguda Central Prison, along with other accused including industrialist Nimmagadda Prasada and senior bureaucrat K V Brahmananda Reddy.
He, along with the other accused, was produced before the court through video-conferencing after which their judicial custody was extended by another 14 days.
The Andhra Pradesh High Court had earlier rejected the Kadapa MP`s statutory bail plea whereas his regular bail petition will come up for hearing on January 4.
CBI had recently informed the special court that the Centre had accorded sanction of prosecution against Brahmananda Reddy, who is among the 14 accused named in the chargesheet in the Vanpic aspect of Jagan assets case.
The court also extended the judicial remand of former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, his brother-in-law B V Srinivas Reddy, former director (Mines) V D Rajagopal and another accused Mehfuz Ali Khan in the illegal mining case involving Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) till January 17 after they were produced before it through video link.
Earlier in the day, CBI filed a charge sheet against Khan on charges of criminal conspiracy and cheating in connection with the OMC case.
The court also extended the judicial remand of some of the accused in the Emaar scandal, including Sunil Reddy and others, till January 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH