Court grants bail to Telugu Desam Party leaders
Karimnagar: A local court granted bail to Telugu Desam Party (TDP) district president and Peddapalli MLA Venkata Ramana Rao, Choppadandi MLA Suddala Devaiah, Karimnagar MLA Gangula Kamalakar as well as other TDP leaders on Friday.
They were charged with destroying office furniture in the Transco superintending engineer`s office in Karimnagar town on Tuesday and causing loss to public property, while demanding uninterrupted power supply to farmers.
After a complaint, the Karimnagar town police registered a case under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code and also under Section 3 of Prevention of Destruction of Public Property Act.
Later, police arrested three TDP MLAs Vijaya Ramana Rao, Devaiah and three other TDP leaders Karra Vijender Reddy, Gopu Ailaiah and N Edukondalu and sent them to judicial custody.
Earlier, bail petitions filed yesterday were dismissed and the TDP leaders filed bail petitions again on Friday.
Karimnagar Additional First Class Judicial Magistrate C Rajender Reddy, while granting bail, imposed a condition that the petitioners shall appear before his court every second and fourth Tuesday in a month, for a period of three months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj